how to get there?
- It is 135 km from Barcelona to Palafrugell. Take the AP7 motorway towards Gerona/France and get off at junction 9 (Vidreres / Lloret), taking the road to Sant Feliu de Guíxols and Platja d’Aro (C-35) and then aiming for Palamós (C-31), taking junction 331 Palafrugell Sud.
- It is 80 km from the French border to Palafrugell. Take the AP7 towards Barcelona and get off at junction 6 (Girona Nord), take the road to La Bisbal / Palamós (C-66) and the exit for Palafrugell Nord.
- Lleida is 250 km away from Palafrugell. Take the ‘Eix transversal’ highway in Cervera to Riudellots de la Selva, aim for Cassà de la Selva, Llagostera, Sant Feliu de Guíxols, carry on towards Palamós (C-31) and take junction 331 Palafrugell Sud.
- The Sarfa company (Sarbus Group) connects the town of Palafrugell to the neighbouring villages and cities. Prices and timetables can be checked at www.sarfa.com / Tel. 902 30 20 25
- Barcelona – El Prat International airport (BCN) to Palafrugell, 135 Km. Tel. 0034 93 298 38 38. Trains every 30 min. from Barcelona airport to Sants railway station. Here take the train from Barcelona to Portbou and get off at Flaçà www.renfe.es. There is a bus stop opposite the station (Sarfa company) which frequently serves Palafrugell. Tel. 902 30 20 25 www.sarfa.com
- Girona Costa Brava airport to Palafrugell, 45 Km. Tel. 0034 972 18 66 00 www.aena.es. From Girona Costa Brava airport to Girona bus station there are buses all day long with the Sagalés company, with timetables that depend on the air traffic. Tel. 902 13 00 14 www.sagales.com. Once at the station, there are Sarfa buses with frequent services to Palafrugell. Tel 902 30 20 25 www.sarfa.com
- The nearest railway station to Palafrugell is in Flaçà, 25 km away www.renfe.es From here there are Sarfa buses to Palafrugell.
What to do in palafrugell?
The village of Palafrugell is the center of the municipality of Palafrugell, where there are also the rural centers of Santa Margarita and Ermedàs, the village of Llofriu, at the foot of the Gavarres -mountains with southern oak forests- together with the coastal cores of Calella , Llafranc, Tamariu and Agua Xelida.